Monday, March 29, 2010

Smile!



I'm smiling right now because miss ellie is actually taking a nap in her bassinet. We've been having a difficult time getting her to sleep, getting her to sleep in her bassinet, and getting her to sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time. A friend from church let me borrow the book "secrets of the baby whisperer" and just from what I read this morning I feel encouraged. Now ellie finally fell asleep in her bassinet on the 3rd try, but I'll take it. I also bought another type of Enfamil formula, thinking that maybe she's not staying full long enough during the night. So I'm hoping mixing the 2 types of formula (one non-milk based, hypoallergenic, proten-broken down kind and the milk-based, partially broken down protein kind) will help her sleep longer. Pray for her and us.
Since yesterday was Fast Sunday at church I decided to fast for Ellie to feel better (reflux, thrush), but also for greater patience and ability to care for her when she is being fussy. It sure helps to pray for that in addition for her to be less fussy!
But boy we sure love our fussy lady

2 comments:

The Gurrs said...

She's beautiful!!!!! We'll be praying for her to feel better. Hang in there Alyssa, it gets easier.

Gayle said...

Beautiful smile!