Saturday, March 20, 2010

I have "de what?"

I finally went to the MD on Thursday to discuss my wrists. Apparently I am not suffering from carpal tunnel currently, though I did have it during pregnancy. Now my problem is called "De Quervain's tenosynovitis," which is this: the sheath of the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist becomes inflamed or swollen, restricting the tendons' movement. The result with de Quervain's tenosynovitis is discomfort and pain every time you turn your wrist, grasp anything or make a fist.
So, now I'm wearing bilateral thumb spica splints to restrict my thumb movement. What is that you may be asking yourself. Here, I'll give you a visual


As you can see, even holding Ellinor is difficult. What a nuisance. Hopefully I won't have to wear them too long before my problem is resolved.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Aren't you grateful you can still hold her though? Get better soon!

Pini said...

I think you kinda look like a superhero. :)
Hope it gets better soon!!