Friday, January 8, 2010

Spring cleaning already!

I decided that last background had way too much pink for me. We're barely going to be using pink in the babies room, I just can't do pink for some reason. Maybe because my bedroom growing up had the brightest 4 walls of pink ever and it still haunts me. We're doing yellow and green in the nursery with some accenting colors. It could almost be a John Deere room!
I was put on call last night which was lovely, and I never had to go in to work. Easiest way of making $36 dollars ever (that's $3/hour for having my phone on and answering it if it rings). So, instead I had Nate drag boxes and boxes of papers, that we've been carting around from town to town, downstairs so that I could finally go through them and chuck them out. I was happy that Nate was also excited to be throwing (okay we'll recycle most of it) away so much unused junk. It's mostly notes from my 10 years of college courses, and a few of his too. My motto is: if we haven't looked at it in over a year, it goes. And that basically includes all of it, so yippee. Nate at one point asked me if some of the papers had useful info and I answered restating my motto. Obviously not useful enough if we haven't opened that box in over a year to find it. Plus with the internet these days it's easier just to google it. Other non useful junk we're tossing: years of instruction manuals to little gadgets we don't use/don't have anymore, 15 yr old anatomy/physiology textbooks, years of Ensign magazines (okay so not junk, but more accessible on the internet), years of checkbook registrars, blah blah blah.
With doing this I just wish that I could find a decent shelving/storage system for what we do need to keep (trust me if we weren't counselled to keep 7 years worth of tax return info, I'd be tossing all of them too). Any suggestions?
Also, i have a ton of Mary Kay stuff if anyone is interested in playing dress up/make up let me know. Well, back to work! Nate works tonight so I will have lots of time to sort :)
I just wish I would've taken a before picture, cuz it won't do any good to have an after shot now. oh well.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

You'll be surprised how much pink will come after she's here. It'll be an accident, but there will be lots of pink nonetheless. I did Stella's room in green, yellow, and purple (no pink) and pink weasled it's way in. I love pink now and now that Stella has an opinion, it'll be completely pink in 2 weeks.