Sunday, December 27, 2009

32 weeks and growing

Well, I'm down to the single digits, which is really weird. This morning after going pee I got back in bed and noticed the baby was moving very rhythmically. I remembered reading about fetal hiccups and after about 10 minutes realized this must be what was going on. It was pretty fun to me, so I woke Nate up so he could feel too. I don't know if he thought it worth waking him up, but oh well.
I diagnosed myself with pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. Lucky me. Basically due to the extra fluid in my wrists my carpal tunnel nerves are compressed which causes constant numbness and tingling in all fingers but my pinkies. My hands are always achy and I can rarely make a fist. It gets challenging at work, so I don't know how long I can rely on my co-workers to keep doing some of my responsiblities. At home it's not a huge problem because I have Nate to open things for me and cut things for me, etc. I never thought I'd have such odd problems being pregnant. 8 weeks, that's what I keep reminding myself (well, and that I'll most likely be late).
Since the Holidays are over and Nate is back to work now, I guess it's time to actually think about putting together a nursery. I don't know when we'll do it, but hope to get it done this month. Other than a stroller, car seat, dresser, and crib we've got nothing. So, we have plenty of shopping to do. But I think it will be a "fun" kind of shopping...hopefully.



4 comments:

Pini said...

I'm so happy you're only 8 weeks away! I'm so jealous! You look great...sorry bout your hands and feet, that sucks. Have fun shopping! You'll be surprised at how much your baby will cost you. And it never ends! :)

M&E said...

Avery had hiccups almost every night. It happened so often that sometimes I would wish they would stop. The funny thing is she still gets hiccups a lot. : )

Nerissa said...

Soooo cute! I love the prego belly photos and I'm so proud of you for flaunting it:) I loved it when my son got hiccups in the womb (which was three times a day)b/c I knew he was doing ok! Good luck shopping!

Maike said...

Sorry about the carpal tunnel...I had that too with Phillip. And it took a long time after he was out to go away! But not to discourage you. It did go away and Phillip is a cutie.