Sunday, January 10, 2010

week 34



I'm getting jealous of friends/family who have less than my 6 weeks. Everyone keeps saying it will go by so fast, and while theoretically I agree, my aching body doesn't. I was shopping ALL day Saturday and by the time I got home I could barely move. I'm just now starting to move without constant aching. But then I'm back to work Monday and Tuesday. Nate told me today he's looking forward to me getting my normal walking speed back, which is quite fast. All my siblings always tell me (well before pregnancy) "you're walking too fast." Guess I didn't let that mission habit go. Anyways, my tail bone has been super sore the last few days. I'm going back to the chiropractor tomorrow and then I'm sure I'll be there weekly for a while, even after delivery. People keep asking me how long I plan to work. Well, in a perfect world I would've stopped working about a month ago. However since we bought a new vehicle and have student loans to pay off I'm scheduled until Feb. 12. Now whether my body lets me work that long we'll have to see. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and keep popping my Tylenol. I really wish I could take some anti-inflammatories about now.
At least one thing I have to look forward to tomorrow is that I'm getting a pedicure and an eyebrow waxing. That kind of pain is tolerable in my view!

4 comments:

The Gurrs said...

Hang in there Alyssa. You look great! I miss you.

Pini said...

Oh man 6 weeks! Shut your pie hole girl...i'm so jealous! I'm only 24 weeks and wishing I was done. :)
Ruth is right, you look great. Enjoy your pedi and waxing!

Unknown said...

Ah, Tylenol...the sugar pill. I know, under any other circumstances, 6 weeks doesn't seem like that long, but in pregnancy time, it's actually longer than a mission...a boy's mission. ;)

Maike said...

Yeah, I don't know who told you that 6 weeks will go by fast...either they don't know what they're talking about or they're lying to you...cuz there is nothing fast about the last weeks of pregnancy! But hang in there--not like you can do anything else anyway, hu?--it will end!
And you look great!