Tuesday, February 1, 2011

finally...finger foods!


Ellie finally seems to be able to eat more than puree food, hallelujah. I was getting a little concerned and even schedule a swallow study. But about 3 weeks ago she seemed to get the hang of it. She is able to eat jam sandwiches and all sorts of crackers now, in addition to dry cereals and bananas. She is still a picky eater, but at least now I don't have to worry about her vomitting while eating. I think her problem was she would get the food to the back of her mouth too soon and wasn't able to push it back forward to mash it up better. But, it seems she can do this now. And just in time too. She will be able to eat birthday cake afterall! And that really is the most important reason.

1 comment:

Pini said...

Yea for cake! Ellie is adorable and I love her toothy smile! I'm caught up with your blog now...love all the pictures!!