Tuesday, November 30, 2010

9 months old and cheap fun

This kept her entertained for quite a while, I just have to make sure she's not eating pieces of plastic. Ellie has learned another tongue trick...purring. She can roll her tongue fast now so that she sounds like a purring cat! She cracks me up. Tonight we had FHE and she was the activity. Nate and I watched her, laughed and played with her for quite a while before the lesson. She loves to climb on top of us as her ladder, giving her access to oh so many fun things, like the laptop. She caught Nate's cold late last week, so we've been having fun sucking out her snot. It seriously is a torture session. I have to pin her whole body between my legs, keeping her head contained, while Nate then sucks out her nose (of course with the bulb syringe, though he says once on the mission he saw a mother suck out her kids nose with her mouth, ugh. I think he said she was either South American or African. Definitely not a Spaniard thing). Well, on that pleasant thought, I'm off to bed.




1 comment:

McKelle said...

So....I have this contraption I bought at Target. It's call the Nosefrida...and it may sound gross, but you stick one part of it in the kids nose, then you suck on the other side. There is a filter section that makes it impossible for you to suck anything into your mouth. Sounds really gross...I know, but it works SOOOO much better than the stupid bulb sucker outer thing. Really. Either way, the kid still hates it.