Saturday, November 26, 2011

1 month old

Adelle is one month old and we love her to pieces.
Granted, she isn't a magical sleeper like some other babies I know, but she's predictable, so we'll take it. Two nights in a row now she has let me sleep for 4 hours straight! It was lovely.

-She sleeps 3-4 hours at a time, in our closet (thanks Mandy for the tip!)
-She generally has no issues with her carseat, though that may be because we usually try to keep her swadled while she's in there. But whatever the reason, we enjoy less crying in the car
-She takes a pacifier!
-After spending over $1000 to try to nurse successfully this time, Addie is bottle fed. Although I was disappointed, the help from Nate at night is very welcome. At least now we know for sure, so next time around we don't have to wonder.

-Addie's 1 month checkup: 9.1 pounds (50th %), 22inches (85th %). I notice her face is filling out a little, but otherwise she's still super tiny and still wearing size Newborn diapers. The majority of her clothes are still too big for her
-She is a snorter, I need to use more saline up her nose
-She likes holding her head up and looking around. She often stares at Ellie

-I have noticed that even though I get minimal sleep and it's all in small chunks, I am functioning okay. The Lord has blessed me with not being a zombie. It also has helped that both girls have been napping around the noon hour, which gives me a few minutes to nap also.
-I bought a double stroller and have started walking around the neighborhood. I think the loop might be a mile long since it takes me 25 minutes to do it while pushing the limosine. It's not the scenic Cesar Chavez loop, but I'm too nervous to take both girls there alone because Ellie likes climbing up the large playground and it has those darn open drop offs.
-I really enjoy being a mom. It's often very noisy here (Ellie is really loud, whether it's while throwing a tantrum or just being loud), lots of diapers, lots of feeding, & cleaning up constant messes. But it sure beats working at the hospital. For now I am planning to go back to work (6x/month) beginning of February. I know it will still seem too soon.

No comments: