Friday, November 6, 2009

sick, sick, sick

so, does being pregnant mean that it has to take longer to get over a cold? i got sick early Tuesday morning while at work and I'm still barely breathing. I'm just starting to cough up all the yucky mucous, so that means I should be nearing the end right? Being a nurse you'd think I'd know these things, but i don't. anyways, my head is going to explode from all the pressure. Nate has slept in another room the last 2 nights, which i don't blame him, i'm so noisy i can hardly sleep. ugh. anyways, i just needed to vent some more. i'm supposed to go back to work Saturday night, but how can i take care of other people when i can hardly breathe myself and have to cough up my lung every 10 minutes. of course if i call off i'll probably be put on probation, since i think i will have then maxed out my call offs, which have all been very legitimate, trust me. i was hoping to save up my call offs for our ward christmas party since i know i'll be scheduled to work then. oh well, such is life. hope everyone else is not sick.

2 comments:

McKelle said...

Yes, it will take you forever to feel better. With both of my pregnancies, I could hardly breath at all during the last trimester...especially at night. Hope you feel better soon.

Loree said...

dang! sorry to hear you are sick! that stinks! i hate sickness! i hope you feel better soon :)